MANAGED IT SERVICES
DENTAL CLINICS IN CALGARY
Are you in compliance with Alberta’s Health Information Act?
As a dental clinic that maintains the private records of patients, your practice is responsible for preparing and submitting a privacy impact assessment (PIA). A PIA describes “how proposed administrative practices and information systems relating to the collection, use and disclosure of individually identifying health information may affect the privacy of the individual who is the subject of the information.” (Health Information Act)
A PIA is, in practice, a thorough review to demonstrate the best-practice health information safety and security practices that are in place at your clinic. The PIA process is required by law for custodians (i.e. chiropractors, doctors, dentists) of private patient health data.
If you are a physician, dentist, pharmacist, or other medical professional handling sensitive patient data, you are required by law to conduct a PIA and file it with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC).
There are many benefits to having an OIPC-accepted PIA on file, including patient loyalty and trust, peace of mind, and knowledge that your data is truly protected from risk.
The ITeam can help you prepare and file your PIA. For more information about how to get started, please contact us using the form below.
The ITeam’s Managed IT Services for Dental Practices
With over 15 years of experience in the Dental Industry, The ITeam – in collaboration with our Dental Clients – have designed a comprehensive service offering to deliver superior results. We know what works for our Dental Clients and we leverage our industry specific expertise to offer everything on a fixed monthly price:
- Comprehensive reporting (includes review of calls, activities, performance trends and projects).
- Virtual CIO. Provides consultation on issues relating to capacity planning, remediation of chronic or recurring issues, budgeting and IT strategy planning.
- Providing strong service management through best practices based on more than 130 years of IT experience.
- Maximizing network availability.
- Annual security reviews. Once each year, The ITeam will test and review the security of the Client’s network. A report with recommendations will be provided. The Client will then be in a position to make necessary adjustments and additions to the network and system security.
- Experienced in supporting industry standard Practice Management and Patient Care Delivery Systems.
- 24×7 monitoring of the critical health status of devices and applications (ITeamCentral Network Monitoring)
- Unlimited remote and on-site support and maintenance services for identified items.
- Priority call response for identified items (maximum one hour during normal business hours).
- Regular Business Hour and Emergency 7×24 Support plans available.
- Asset management (i.e Software License renewals, Hardware contract management, ISP/Domain management and warranty administration).
- Preventative maintenance of all identified items (i.e. patch management, firmware updates and application updates).