Windows Network/Systems Engineer
The ITeam is looking for Calgary-area candidates who have a strong passion and aptitude for information technology (IT), with at least 3 years of experience.
Duties Consist of:
- Client relationship management as part of the ITeam’s client support team – participating in ongoing support and service delivery, needs analysis, solution design & delivery
- All aspects of Windows network and system administration. Supporting multiple clients & networks, on-site and through remote access. Desktop and end-user support (hardware, Windows and applications). * Support of LAN/WAN technology and connections.
- Help Desk & Network Operations Centre (NOC) support.
You will have:
- University degree or 2-year technical diploma – IT discipline
- 3 – 5 years progressive experience supporting Windows 2008/2012/2016 networks in the business world
- Candidates who work well independently and who can demonstrate their experience being an effective team member
- Versatility and flexibility – a willingness to tackle any task, ranging from day-to-day desktop support to network architecture design
- Exceptional English language skills: oral and written English communication are top notch and timely
- MUST have own vehicle during working hours, for dispatched work (expenses reimbursed)
- Customer Commitment with outstanding work ethic and impeccable integrity
- Network administration experience
- Experience supporting multiple server and desktop operating systems in a single network
- MS Exchange, Terminal Services, SQL Server and SharePoint administration
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Firewall, router, TCP/IP and internet connectivity configuration experience
- Experience with all aspects of business networks – end-user support, security, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, desktop and software version management
- A customer service focus – demonstrated experience utilizing the whole team to best advantage to meet client needs
- Well developed troubleshooting & problem management skills. You take the initiative in the troubleshooting and problem resolution process and you understand how to manage the process of insuring the problem gets resolved, including managing the efforts of others
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; you relate well to people and understand priorities, you can explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Experience administering VMware
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, including but not limited to Office 365, Azure, AWS etc.
- MCSE in currently supported Microsoft technology
- Current certifications from other vendors considered an asset
ONLY candidates local to the Calgary area, currently authorized to work in Canada, with relevant qualifications will be considered. Only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF to SIRecruiting@TheITeam.ca (NO agents, phone calls or walk-ins, please)
IT Support – Intermediate Helpdesk Representative
We are seeking an intermediate technician to fill the role of helpdesk representative at our fast paced and friendly company. The position is full time, 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Overtime opportunities are available.
The primary focus of the position is coordination of technical services delivery to our clients. Duties will include telephone and remote support, remote network monitoring, triage and escalation of support calls including scheduling client site visits for technical staff, call tracking and follow-up, and general services logistics.
- Provide first and second level technical support to clients, including general network administration, laptop and desktop troubleshooting, and application software support. Initial diagnosis / repair of client issues via telephone and through remote connections, or escalation to senior resources. The ITeam strives to solve most support calls on first contact so our NOC staff are more skilled than most of our competitors.
- Respond to technical related emails, telephone calls and voicemail
- Review/Track/manage alerts from our remote network monitoring service
- Dispatching of technical resources to client sites, with associated priority setting, problem tracking and client follow-up
- Logistics / Parts Ordering for service calls
- Post secondary degree or diploma with an Information Technology focus or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related and progressive experience
- Knowledge of remote support architecture
- Strong IT background or general knowledge
- Resolve problems using logical thought processes, technical acumen, electronic tools, manuals and technical support documentation.
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to take on varied responsibilities
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Well developed ability to track and manage details
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Exercise good judgment to proactively and independently solve problems and make decisions
- Impeccable verbal and written English
- Commitment to effective and appropriate communication at all levels
We are seeking Calgary-area candidates for this position. International and inter-provincial transfers will not be sponsored. We are looking for career-oriented professionals, who are seeking good growth opportunities. This person will be a high output, team player that can work independently in their own position, and will contribute to the growth, energy and culture of The ITeam. Someone with experience working for an MSP is preferred.
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org . (NO agents, phone calls, or walk-ins please)