Windows Network/Systems Engineer
The ITeam is looking for Calgary-area candidates who have a strong passion and aptitude for information technology (IT), with at least 3 years of experience.
Duties Consist of:
- Client relationship management as part of the ITeam’s client support team – participating in ongoing support and service delivery, needs analysis, solution design & delivery
- All aspects of Windows network and system administration. Supporting multiple clients & networks, on-site and through remote access. Desktop and end-user support (hardware, Windows and applications). * Support of LAN/WAN technology and connections.
- Help Desk & Network Operations Centre (NOC) support.
You will have:
- University degree or 2-year technical diploma – IT discipline
- 3 – 5 years progressive experience supporting Windows 2008/2012/2016 networks in the business world
- Candidates who work well independently and who can demonstrate their experience being an effective team member
- Versatility and flexibility – a willingness to tackle any task, ranging from day-to-day desktop support to network architecture design
- Exceptional English language skills: oral and written English communication are top notch and timely
- MUST have own vehicle during working hours, for dispatched work (expenses reimbursed)
- Customer Commitment with outstanding work ethic and impeccable integrity
- Network administration experience
- Experience supporting multiple server and desktop operating systems in a single network
- MS Exchange, Terminal Services, SQL Server and SharePoint administration
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Firewall, router, TCP/IP and internet connectivity configuration experience
- Experience with all aspects of business networks – end-user support, security, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, desktop and software version management
- A customer service focus – demonstrated experience utilizing the whole team to best advantage to meet client needs
- Well developed troubleshooting & problem management skills. You take the initiative in the troubleshooting and problem resolution process and you understand how to manage the process of insuring the problem gets resolved, including managing the efforts of others
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; you relate well to people and understand priorities, you can explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Experience administering VMware
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, including but not limited to Office 365, Azure, AWS etc.
- MCSE in currently supported Microsoft technology
- Current certifications from other vendors considered an asset
ONLY candidates local to the Calgary area, currently authorized to work in Canada, with relevant qualifications will be considered. Only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF to SIRecruiting@TheITeam.ca (NO agents, phone calls or walk-ins, please)